GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY: The Minister of Music and Worship will work with the Pastor to establish a vision, to conduct, and to evaluate the comprehensive music ministry of the church. The Minister of Music and Worship will be responsible for all choirs and instrumentalists and will work with the Pastor to plan, prepare, and lead congregational worship for services and other events. In addition, the Minister of Music and Worship will provide pastoral care for the choir and musicians. The Minister of Music and Worship will be called for an indefinite period of time. Below is additional information regarding more specific duties. This list is not intended to be the comprehensive job description.
- Skillfully combine God’s Word with music in the development of choir programs and worship ministry for all ages. Provide guidance and direction to lay leadership who assist with children and youth choirs.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Pastor and staff to pray, plan, and coordinate church activities and schedules.
- Make arrangement for music at special functions of the church:
- Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Revivals, etc.
- Conduct congregation music in both services on Sunday and in special services.
- Select music in cooperation with Pastor and worship theme.
- Recruit and enlist lay leadership and musicians.
- Be aware of weddings and funerals to be held in the church. Coordinate and provide for music as requested.
- Assist other church staff with shut-in and hospital visitation.
- To plan and coordinate all sound and video needs for worship services. To work with the media ministry committee and coordinate and guide media ministry volunteers.
- Work with media ministry and music committee to provide recommendations for media and music needs.
- Submit annual music ministry budget request to the Finance Committee.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is July 30th, 2016.